Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Well... Oh well

So yes, it has been weeks. Yuck, I'm ashamed. Why is it that shame makes you avoid what you know you should do? Like post pictures that you have, even if you haven't taken enough to cover your 365 resolution. Well, I have lots of excuses for some of the days, and none for others. I'm just lazy sometimes, and that's the truth. But I have discovered something about myself. Well, I shouldn't say discovered. I already knew this. BUT I didn't think that it applied to this situation. That discovery is this, I hate doing something if I have to do it. Sadly, this has been true all my life. Maybe it's true for everybody. I thought it would be a good motivation for me to make myself take at least one decent photo every day for a year. I thought it would be good for me. Well, it would be good for me... it just wasn't good for my love for photography! I started feeling stressed about finding the time, or upset when I realized the day light had left me and I hadn't touched my camera. You can only take so many pictures in your own house at night! Not to mention I may not get bored of taking pictures of my sweet funny silly beautiful daughter... but y'all might get tired of looking at them. I want to awaken my creative side and show you what I see when I look at the world, what I feel. Unfortunately, that takes time I don't always (or hardly ever) have when raising a newly walking toddler.

So for conclusion of the whole matter, I am going to shoot for posting once a week, be it one picture or 100. I will not feel guilty if I miss my deadline (well, I will a wee bit) and I will not allow myself to feel pressured by all this. This, for now, is supposed to be my hobby. And hobbies are things that you love. And I still love this and I am going to continue to love this. SO, I am officially resigning from my 365 pic a day resolution... I know I have been a quiter in the past, but this is me admitting my limits and accepting it.

Well now, I feel much better : D
To celebrate my freedom, here are a few of my favorites from a little practice session with my daughter in a new corner of the house that I arranged just for pictures. I am VERY excited how my pictures are starting to turn out! They aren't perfect in my eyes (though my own pictures may never be) but they are SOOO much better than a short time ago and I love to see progress!
Ok, I'll shut up now.
 Ok, that one's not from the special picture taking place (as you can see by the laptop on the coffee table) but it's the first picture I edited with my new lightroom 3! woot!









Sincerely,
Your talks-too-much host
AJ

2 comments:

  1. The hat pictures are just way cute--and her eyes are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne's eyes. Try for once a month. I don't think you'll be sorry.

    ReplyDelete